VMCAI Winter School is a winter school on formal methods associated with VMCAI 2019 (VMCAI 2019 – 20th International Conference on Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation) that took place in Lisbon, Portugal on January 9-12, 2019. In the vein of VMCAI, the school is meant to facilitate interaction, cross-fertilization, and advancement of hybrid methods that combine Verification, Model Checking, Abstract Interpretation, etc.
The VMCAI Winter School program featured two tutorial lectures per day, presented by distinguished speakers and experts in these fields.
List of tutorial lectures:
* An Introduction to Learning from Programs, by Marc Brockschmidt (Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK)
* Models and Techniques for Analyzing Security Protocols, by Veronique Cortier (Loria, Nancy, France)
* Neural Network Verification, by M. Pawan Kumar (University of Oxford, UK)
* Computing with SAT Oracles: From CDCL SAT Solving to Ubiquitous Industry Adoption, by João Marques-Silva (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
* Abstract Interpretation, by Patrick Cousot (New York University, USA). This tutorial will be complemented by an invited talk by Sylvie Putot (Ecole Polytechnique, France) on “Zonotopic abstract domains for numerical program analysis”.
* Developing distributed protocols formally with Ivy, by Ken McMillan (Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA)
A more detailed program is available at the school website http://vmcaischool19.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/
Organizers: Constantin Enea (IRIF, University Paris Diderot); Vasco Manquinho (INESC-ID, IST – Universidade de Lisboa); Ruzica Piskac (Yale University)