First INESC-ID Alumni Talk
The first INESC-ID Alumni Talk took place today, September 24, 2021.
An event that joined together INESC-ID researchers, students and trainees to share experiences, knowledge and create good memories again.
The session also served as the launch of the INESC-ID alumni group on Linkedin.
The INESC-ID Alumni Talk had a very special panel. 3 INESC-ID alumni accepted our invitation and our challenge and shared their journey and challenges with us. André Luís Martins, Senior Software Engineer at Hitachi Vantara, Jaime Jorge, CEO and Co-founder of Codacy and Joana Gonçalves, Assistant Professor, PatternRecognition & Bioinformatics, at TU Delft.
The moderator for this inaugural session was Professor Arlindo Oliveira, Researcher at INESC-ID, President of the INESC Holding and a Distinguished Professor at Instituto Superior Técnico.
INESC-ID ALUMNI GROUP
If your life passes or has passed through INESC-ID join us on Linkedin.
Being part of the INESC-ID Alumni Group is an opportunity to:
• Maintain connection to INESC-ID and reconnect with former colleagues;
• Share experiences and strengthen networking;
• Create new work networks and develop new projects;
• Get to know firsthand the latest research projects and results of INESC-ID;
• Be updated on trends in the area and the latest articles published in the area;
• Participate in exclusive events for INESC-ID Alumni;
• Take advantage of the resources and results of INESC-ID to continue professional and personal development;
• Celebrate the achievements of each and every one;
• Contribute to the integration of current early stage researchers in the market;
• Help and motivate current and future students;
• Leverage the common past for mutual support and development.
And we leave you with a challenge: Do you accept to be one of the speakers in one of the INESC-ID Alumni Talks and share your journey and experience? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow INESC-ID on Social Networks:
- Facebook: facebook.com/inesc.id.lisboa/
- Instagram: instagram.com/inescidlisboa/
- Twitter: twitter.com/InescID
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/company/inescid/
Workshop Metabolism and mathematical models: Two for a tango
Dates: November 18-19, 2021
Location: This workshop will be held in a virtual way
The topic of this workshop is metabolism in general, with a special focus, although not exclusive, on parasitology. Besides an exploration of the biological, biochemical and biomedical aspects, the workshop will also aim at presenting some of the mathematical modelling, algorithmic theory and software development that have become crucial to explore such aspects.
This workshop is being organised in the context of two projects, both with the Inria European Team Erable. One of the projects involves a partnership with the University of São Paulo (USP), in São Paulo, Brazil, more specifically the Institute of Mathematics and Statistics (IME) and the Institute of Biomedical Sciences – Inria Associated Team Capoeira – and the other involves the Inesc-ID/IST in Portugal, ETH in Zürich and EMBL in Heidelberg – H2020 Twinning Project Olissipo.
The workshop is open to all members of these two projects but also, importantly, to the community in general.