VMCAI Winter School 2019
VMCAI Winter School is a winter school on formal methods associated with VMCAI 2019 that will take place in Lisbon, Portugal on January 9-12, 2019. In the vein of VMCAI, the school is meant to facilitate interaction, cross-fertilization, and advancement of hybrid methods that combine Verification, Model Checking, Abstract Interpretation, etc.
The VMCAI Winter School program will feature two tutorial lectures per day, presented by distinguished speakers and experts in these fields.
List of tutorial lectures:
* An Introduction to Learning from Programs, by Marc Brockschmidt (Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK)
* Models and Techniques for Analyzing Security Protocols, by Veronique Cortier (Loria, Nancy, France)
* Neural Network Verification, by M. Pawan Kumar (University of Oxford, UK)
* Computing with SAT Oracles: From CDCL SAT Solving to Ubiquitous Industry Adoption, by João Marques-Silva (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
* Abstract Interpretation, by Patrick Cousot (New York University, USA). This tutorial will be complemented by an invited talk by Sylvie Putot (Ecole Polytechnique, France) on “Zonotopic abstract domains for numerical program analysis”.
* Developing distributed protocols formally with Ivy, by Ken McMillan (Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA)
The First VMCAI Winter School will take place at the Instituto Superior Técnico (Universidade de Lisboa) campus near the city center. The school location and schedule has been chosen to integrate nicely with POPL (https://popl19.sigplan.org/) and VMCAI (https://popl19.sigplan.org/track/VMCAI-2019) that will take place in Cascais/Lisboa from January 13-19, 2019.
A more detailed program is available at the school website
Constantin Enea (IRIF, University Paris Diderot)
Vasco Manquinho (INESC-ID, IST – Universidade de Lisboa)
Ruzica Piskac (Yale University)